ATTENTION MILITARY FAMILIES—CAMP BROADWAY WANTS YOU!
National Audition Announced To Cast Children for a Performance in The 91st Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS PROGRAM.
Camp Broadway® is celebrating the important role that military families play in supporting America by casting 125 children, ages 9-16, for a featured appearance in the 91st Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 23, 2017. The company is seeking children who are immediate family members of active duty military personal, veterans, reservists, wounded warriors and fallen heroes to audition for The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble, a musical theatre ensemble who will perform “This Is A Great Country” during this beloved event, which will be broadcast live nationally on NBC-TV. This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes five days of rehearsals in New York City led by a creative team of Broadway professionals.
About Camp Broadway’s This Is A Great Country:
Camp Broadway LLC marks their 10th appearance in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with this original musical presentation of Irving Berlin’s American anthem “This Is A Great Country.” Camp Broadway is producing a unique experience for children and their families that combines the best of musical theatre and the sights of New York City, that culminates in a Broadway caliber ensemble performance in the longest running show on Broadway—Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Participating children will receive:
- 30 hours of rehearsals in singing and dancing led by Broadway actor/director Brad Bradley, whose family has been in the military for three generations
- Wardrobe fitting and event costume from a professional designer
- Master classes in performance to hone presentation skills and build confidence
- Healthy meals, snacks and water during rehearsals
- Official Camp Broadway Kids cast headshot and group photo
- Official Camp Broadway t-shirts and participation patch
- Other benefits to be announced
To Be Eligible:
Boys and girls of all ethnicities and cultural backgrounds, ages 9-16, to represent an immediate* family member who is active military, a veteran, reservist, wounded warrior or fallen hero from any branch of the United States Armed Forces and who served after 1955. Previous performing experience for the applicant is not required for consideration. However, please note that children must be accompanied by an adult and available to attend all rehearsals in New York City from Fri., November 19 through the performance on Thurs., November 23, 2017.
*Immediate family is defined as the applicant’s parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles and in-laws, as well as adopted, half and step family members.
- Applicants must be 9 to 16 years of age on November 1, 2017.
- No prior performance experience in singing or dancing is required to participate in the program.
- The deadline for video audition submissions is September 15, 2017. No applications will be considered after this date.
- Participating children must be accompanied by an adult and available to attend all rehearsals in New York City beginning on Sunday, November 19 through Thursday, November 23,
- If accepted, an enrollment fee is required to participate. (Travel to/from New York City and accommodations are not included in the package.)
Submit your audition on Acceptd, the online audition platform where you’ll find audio and video resources necessary for your submission, as well as detailed instructions on how to create your video and submit your application.
- Camp Broadway LLC creative team will review all audition videos in the order they are received. The first round of applicants will be notified of their casting status on/around Friday, August 18. The second round of applicants will be notified on/around Monday, October 2, 2017. All casting decisions are at the sole discretion of Camp Broadway LLC.
- If accepted into the program, a registration fee of $995 is due no later than October 31, 2017. Military families may be eligible for financial assistance available through the Broadway Education Alliance This Is A Great Country Scholarship Fund. For more information and an application, please visit bealliance.org/this-is-a-great-country/.
- Scholarship funds do not include travel or accommodations to/from New York City. Alamo Travel Services will assist families with booking transportation, lodging, restaurants and/or attractions.
If you have questions about the audition or application process, contact Kathy Campbell at 212.575.2150 or email@example.com.
Camp Broadway’s This Is A Great Country national audition is hosted by