Camp Broadway® is presenting an original :90 second musical theatre number featuring an ensemble of 100 performers ages 11-16 in the 87th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade on Sunday, November 25, 2018 in Hollywood, California. Join talented singing and dancing teens from across America for 3-days of rehearsals lead by Broadway professionals that will culminate in a professionally produced performance on the red carpet for local VIPs. Audition video submissions are now being accepted for the Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble.
Presented and produced by Associated Television International, the Hollywood Christmas Parade is the largest Christmas celebration in America and a true Hollywood tradition that attracts more than one million in attendance each year. This live event features larger-than-life inflatable character balloons, celebrity filled cars, marching bands and musical performance groups, making the much-heralded trek down the over three-mile parade route. The parade is taped for network television and airs as a two-hour special on The CW Network, the Hallmark Channel and the American Forces Network at a later date to be announce as a benefit for The Marine Toys For Tots Foundation.
Start your video application on Acceptd:
Here you’ll find audio and video resources necessary for your submission, as well as instructions on how to create your video and submit your application.
Make sure you select the appropriate program (The Hollywood Christmas Parade) from the dropdown menu on the left hand side of the page:
Audition Deadline & Casting Process:
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 12:00, noon. Please keep in mind; qualified Cast Members will be notified on a rolling basis. Casting will be completed for this event in early October, so it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible.
Camp Broadway has partnered with the Studio School, the first and only school of its kind created in a Hollywood Studio, to present an authentic “tinsel town” experience for our cast of emerging stars.
Cast Members receive:
- 3 days of rehearsal on a Hollywood movie lot with Broadway professionals from New York City
- Parade Costume
- Camp Broadway T-shirt and merchandise
- Lunches, snacks and water
- Rehearsal on the Hollywood Christmas Parade Red Carpet
- Marching in the Hollywood Christmas Parade
To Be Eligible:
- Auditionees must have experience in both singing and dancing and be comfortable learning music and choreography at a fast pace.
- Auditionees must be 11 to 16 years of age on November 22, 2018.
- Participating children must be accompanied by an adult and attend all rehearsals in Los Angeles beginning on Thursday, November 22 through Sunday, November 25, 2018.
Accommodations & Benefits Package:
It is important that members of the Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble stay together in a hotel that provides us ease of transportation and oversight of the cast to and from all rehearsals and official parade events. We strongly encourage families to take advantage of the savings the package represents. Additionally, this enables us to supervise your children as a cast with the diligence and professionalism you have come to expect from Camp Broadway.
Due to the nature of the event and that Los Angeles is not a “pedestrian” city, should you elect to forego this offer, you will not have access to any of the below. Camp Broadway and Gateway Music Festivals & Tours, the Exclusive Travel Planner to the Hollywood Christmas Parade, have arranged the following Accommodations and Benefits Package that includes:
Exclusive Package Benefits
- Reserved parade seats (one per traveler)*
- Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park admission
- Souvenir Program*
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation for all official rehearsal and program-related activities
*these items not available for purchase outside of the package
Accommodations & Meals
- Accommodations in a three-star hotel in the greater Los Angeles area – 4 nights
- Breakfasts – 4
- Dinners – 3
- Parade day meal
- Thanksgiving Day meal
- Universal Studios buffet meal with DJ
Pricing per person based on occupancy*
- Quadruple: $980
- Triple: $1,035
- Double: $1,145
*Gateway Music Festivals & Tours is a 3rd party vendor, and therefore this package is subject to their rules, regulations, and policies regarding bookings and cancellations.