Submission Deadline: December 22, 2017
Ages 12 – 16
THE CAMP BROADWAY KIDS ENSEMBLE TO PERFORM AT THE NEW YORK POPS 35th BIRTHDAY GALA AT CARNEGIE HALL ON MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018
The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble, a musical theatre performance group comprised of 60 theatre-loving kids, ages 12-16, will be featured at The New York Pops 35th Birthday Gala at Carnegie Hall on Monday, April 30, 2018. Making their 11th appearance at this annual star-studded event, The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble will perform under the baton of The New York Pops Music Director Steven Reineke. The 2018 Gala honorees will be announced in early November.
About Camp Broadway’s appearance at The New York Pops 35th Birthday Gala:
Selected from a national audition of amateur performers from across the country, the cast will make their Carnegie Hall debut at the culmination of a 3-day rehearsal featuring master class
es in vocal performance, dancing and acting under the direction Camp Broadway’s creative team including, Director / Choreographer Cynthia Thole (Broadway credits include Me and My Girl, Singin’ in the Rain, 42nd Street, My Fair Lady, and, Meet Me in St. Louis) and Music Director Christine Riley (National Tour; Thoroughly Modern Millie). Participating children will receive—
- Two days of rehearsal (Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29 approximately 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Dress rehearsal and performance at Carnegie Hall (Monday, April 30 approximately 9:30 am – conclusion of performance; approximately 9:30 pm)
- Carnegie Hall orchestra rehearsal
- Meet and greet with special guests
- Lunch and snacks, Camp Broadway T-shirts
- Costume by a Broadway costume designer
- Costume fitting
- Workshop with cast member from a Broadway show
To Be Eligible:
Auditionees must have experience in both singing and dancing and be comfortable learning music and choreography at a fast pace.
- Auditionees must be 12 – 16 years of age on April 28, 2018.
- Participating children must be accompanied by an adult and available to attend all rehearsals in New York City beginning on Saturday, April 28 through Monday, April 30, 2018.
- If cast, an enrollment fee of $595 is required to participate.
Submit your audition on Acceptd, the online audition platform where you’ll find audio and video resources necessary for your submission, as well as detailed instructions on how to create your video and submit your application.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:00, noon. Please keep in mind; qualified Cast Members will be notified on a rolling basis. Casting will be completed for this event in early January, so it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible. Travel to/from New York City and accommodations are not included in the package.
Camp Broadway is seeking cast members for The Camp Broadway Kids, a 60-member musical theater ensemble from around the country for its 11th appearance with The New York Pops at their annual benefit gala concert at Carnegie Hall (conducted by Steven Reineke). Camp Broadway is accepting video submissions for young singers/dancers between the ages of 12 and 16 to perform with the Camp Broadway Kids. Participants will be part of an all-star line-up on The New York Pops Spring Gala concert on Monday, April 30, 2018. The 2018 New York Pops Gala Honoree will be announced in early November.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please email Camp Broadway’s Parent Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.