Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble Casting Policy
Due to the popularity of Camp Broadway’s special performance events, the company has established the following casting process for The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble to enable as many young performers access to these opportunities as possible.
Click here for the 2019-2020 special event calendar.
- Any child between the age of 12-17 can submit an audition video to be considered for a place in The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble for one or more special events; prior performance experience is not a requirement for submission.
- All completed video audition submissions will be reviewed by Camp Broadway’s management and/or creative team and evaluated based on the specific requirements for each performance event(s).
- Children who have attended Camp Broadway Mainstage, The Next Step, or CB EXP in New York or at any Camp Broadway partner venue during the 2019 season will be given priority in each of three rounds of casting for each special performance event. No set number of cast members will be selected during each selection window.
- Following an exclusive casting window for performers who have or are enrolled in a Camp Broadway program, Camp Broadway will accept and review audition videos from the general public.
- A completed video audition is valid for up to 2-years. We understand the process of auditioning is time consuming and has costs associated with it. Camp Broadway’s team wants to ensure we have current and accurate insight into the child’s singing, dancing and acting skills levels—which improves greatly year over year at this age.
- This policy supersedes all previous casting processes.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact Dale Semler at email@example.com or call 212-575-3103.
Camp Broadway deserves a standing ovation for its unparalleled dedication to developing and nurturing theater-loving kids! The opportunity to train with real Broadway professionals has given my daughter, Katie, a tremendous boost in her self-confidence- it has quite simply been a life-changing experience.