Due to the popularity of Camp Broadway’s special performance events, the company has revised the casting process for participation in the Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble. Beginning September 2019, the casting procedure will proceed as follows:
- Any child between the age of 12-16 can submit an audition video to be considered for a position in Camp Broadway’s Kids Ensemble for one or more special events; prior performance experience is not a requirement for submission.
- All completed video audition submissions will be reviewed by Camp Broadway’s management and/or creative team and evaluated based on the specific requirements for each performance event(s) the family has selected.
- Children who have attended a Camp Broadway program in New York or at any Camp Broadway partner venue during the prior eighteen (18) months will be given priority in each of three rounds of casting for each special performance event. No set number of cast members will be selected during each selection window.
- Following an exclusive casting window for recent campers, Camp Broadway will accept and review audition videos from the general public.
- Camp Broadway reserves the right to limit the number of special events that a child can participate in over a 3-year period.
- A completed video audition is valid for up to 2-years. We understand the process of auditioning is time consuming and has costs associated with it. However, children at this age change rapidly in size and skill level. Camp Broadway’s team wants to ensure we have as much accurate information to consider as possible. Please note: Any audition video submitted in 2018 will expire next year.
- This policy supersedes all previous casting processes.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact Dale Semler at email@example.com or call 212-575-3103.
Camp Broadway deserves a standing ovation for its unparalleled dedication to developing and nurturing theater-loving kids! The opportunity to train with real Broadway professionals has given my daughter, Katie, a tremendous boost in her self-confidence- it has quite simply been a life-changing experience.